Cow Pie Airmanship

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

Cow Pie Airmanship

Postby 3WE » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Dude makes acceptable short/sort field landings and take offs in an old 182.

Not one reply. All trolling aside, no one sees the fun of it, the beauty of good ole light plane skills, nor does anyone want to render arm chair reviews? No one? I noticed a bit of throttle jockeying... but that's also a bit judgemental...
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: Cow Pie Airmanship

Postby Not_Karl » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:29 pm

Dude makes acceptable short/sort field landings and take offs in an old 182.

Not one reply. All trolling aside, no one sees the fun of it, the beauty of good ole light plane skills, nor does anyone want to render arm chair reviews? No one? I noticed a bit of throttle jockeying... but that's also a bit judgemental...
1) Operating in grass strips with a grass looking carpet on the control panel seems like a bad idea. I am sure it could lead to confusion, incorrect perceptions, strangely named illusions, etc. and render the "keep the green side down" logic useless.
2) The first location (with the small ridge and the trees) seems lovely for overruns (or landing short of the strip), and small deviations immediately after lift-off.
3)Let's hope he doesn't check his social media during critical phases of the flight with that iPad. At least he can search this and that forums if things start to look total-air-disastery and get help from we in/outsiders.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”