Meanwhile, in Flyover America

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

Meanwhile, in Flyover America

Postby 3WE » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:42 pm

I am not sure that this is the last trace of That Wonderful Airline that used to make Alex and I sooo happy, and make for entertaining plane watching (and scanner-listening of squeeze plays*)...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/75e9c1f4-a ... g-st..html

...but...

In other news, Southwest is now up to Gate 40 (although we use a perverted counting method of all even numbers and maybe even skipping a few here and there...

Makes your airport sound bigger if you have a whole lot of gates.

*Two runways, both with arrivals and departures...one plane flaring...another lifting off...."TWA 232, slow it up as much as you can...in fact, make some s-turns to the south, two departures prior to your arrival...Ozark 807 be ready...traffic off your left will be northeast bound, maintain visual separation, heading 130..." Today...50% more runways, 75% less traffic.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Rabbi O'Genius

Re: Meanwhile, in Flyover America

Postby Rabbi O'Genius » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:53 am

On a reasonably related topic, does your airport have a gate 13?
I've noticed some have chosen to exclude it.

(Personally, I'm not superstitious as it brings bad luck :? )
......never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. – John Donne

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:53 pm

On a reasonably related topic, does your airport have a gate 13?
I've noticed some have chosen to exclude it.

(Personally, I'm not superstitious as it brings bad luck :? )
I am very superstitious about my baseball...For flying, it's still the post takeoff climb out...do you really have to pull up THAT MUCH...it sure FEELS relentless!

It would seem that we object to Gate 13 based on our A and C gates. (There is one more chance for a 13 in the B-gates (which are closed and not shown here). D and E play the "North-side = even number" game.

Maybe we also object to Gate 11 (although maybe that's just a coincidence that what USED to be a Gate 11 is converted to a restaurant/gift shop/something.

Dummy has complained about the food offerings in the A area...C'mon man, this is Flyover, not New Yark...however, he's right, we should be offering stuff like road-kill-possum burgers instead of a damn Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts.
Flyover Gates.jpg
Flyover Gates.jpg (44.39 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:49 pm

I was born on the 13th day of '85 (8+5=13) and have two black cats :twisted: :evil: .
Maybe that's why my favourite aviation forums explode... :? :roll:
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”