TOTAL DISASTER HEADLINE COWBOYS PROCEDURES ITJUSTNEVERENDS

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

TOTAL DISASTER HEADLINE COWBOYS PROCEDURES ITJUSTNEVERENDS

Postby 3WE » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:04 pm

In case a link goes bad, the headline reads "Delta Plane Turns on to Closed Taxiway"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/df479625-1 ... losed.html

Where do we start?

Thanks media for this critical news (and for Yay who who has me profiled as reading much aviation drivel.) (And hopefully the forum will all click the link in time to see the architecturally wonderful Detroit control tower in as background clutter.)

More cowboy airmanship, and I certainly hope that beatings are in order.

Maybe we don't need phugoid training- but as always, we need more training and better screening.

Shouldn't TOPMS revert into TDSOLTWA (Taxi Directions Sort Of Like The Waze App) and prevent these near death experiences and crimes to humanity?

Is it about time to put THIS airline on no-fly lists?
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: TOTAL DISASTER HEADLINE COWBOYS PROCEDURES ITJUSTNEVERENDS

Postby Not_Karl » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:20 am

Where's the obligatory interview with the passenger who heard prayers and screams and thought "oh my god, we're all going to die!"? Or the witnesses who saw the airplane on fire before it cra... entered the wrong taxiway? :(
(And hopefully the forum will all click the link in time to see the architecturally wonderful Detroit control tower in as background clutter.)
Can't, I'm too distracted and traumatised by the cut-offnedness of the wheels and the obstruction by the airbridge.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

flyboy2548m

Re: TOTAL DISASTER HEADLINE COWBOYS PROCEDURES ITJUSTNEVERENDS

Postby flyboy2548m » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:07 pm

I like how neither DTW airport, nor Detroit Free Press seem to know if this was a mainline or a conx flight. And yet, some will still tell "us" to trust the media because Trump is bad.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”