THERE HAS BEEN A TOTAL PURPLE WINGLET DISASTER AT FLYOVER!!!!

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

THERE HAS BEEN A TOTAL PURPLE WINGLET DISASTER AT FLYOVER!!!!

Postby 3WE » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:43 am

Second-rate, poorly trained pilots in poorly maintained 737 smash into a parked WOW Cheap Composite Purplebox. Two winglets did died, a hundred people got to spend the night in Flyover, and some others going somewhere else were delayed.

After years of reading of these exciting disasters at other busy airports, we finally get our own!

What can I say?...the airline that is saving Flyover International damages our one scheduled transatlantic flight and our best claim to being an International airport.

In spite of the brash cowboy approach to the gate (without regard for the adjacent airplane), there were eyewitness accounts that a drunken Norsky-Vikingy captain had parked the Purplebox to the right of it's assigned area. (Contributing factor- a recent snowstorm? Was the yellow line visible? So many questions and the final report so far away!)

Also, I once asked Flyboy about wing walkers...when I read their faces it seems like they are saying, I got this wand up and this wand horizontal and I'm standing out here by this plane, just like you told me to do...but I'm not going to really look at anything and how much longer till quitting time?

http://airdisaster.info/viewtopic.php?f ... 7a9ced4099

The wing walkers should have prevented this right? It will be interesting to learn how this unfolded- was the wing walker standing there in his official pose...did anyone think it was tight...was someone watching closely...did the wing walker jump and yell and wave "woah woah woah"? Was the marshaller dude at the front of the plane "tunnel visioned" on the stop line and not looking at the wingmen/wingwomen? Was the captain diligently rubbernecking to watch the winglet- and proceeding super slow and coordinating with the marshallers?

Seems like there are all sorts of opportunities for physical punishment here!

Linky: https://kmox.radio.com/articles/southwe ... ne-lambert
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

3WE

Re: THERE HAS BEEN A TOTAL PURPLE WINGLET DISASTER AT FLYOVER!!!!

Postby 3WE » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:17 pm

I was reading, there, of WOW's problems- that they had thrown in the towel, hoping that joining Iceland Air would be the solution, but that Iceland (my interpretation) said, no, we'll sit back and watch you die from your own problems.

I had some hope for the purple aeroplanies; however, I guess the business model was to emulate WN, but fly much LONGER flights with prices much LOWER than WN...I'm not smart at economics, but at some point you gotta charge more than it costs...at least at the bottom-line level.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:50 am

Noooo, I don't want to live in an Eurowhite world :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:17 am

I recently was at the gate waiting to board and a plane started to be pushed back and there was this wing walker with a relaxed attitude, walking funny like a hip-hop dude and smiling... but he was looking. At some point he turned serious, made an X with both wands and raised them high in the air grabbing them with one hand from the center of the X. The other marshal at the front (walking next to the tug) did the cross too and the tug stopped. Seconds later a ground vehicle passed behind the plane. Would this have been a disaster? I don't think so, the vehicle passed quite far behind the plane and very possibly it would have stopped if the plane became a conflict (I assumed that the guy driving the vehicle was looking forward and would have preferred not to crash an airplane in front of him). But this wing walker did his job.

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”