A business proposition to ADInfo.com

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

A business proposition to ADInfo.com

Postby 3WE » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:03 pm

I have a beautiful plan.

This is based upon some purple A-321s that may be available for purchase.

Stand by for more...
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

3WE

Re: A business proposition to ADInfo.com

Postby 3WE » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:19 pm

Ok...we purchase Wow's purple aeroplanies.

Flyboy, of course, becomes our chief pilot. If it doesn't kill Flyboy (or Flyboy doesn't kill 3BS) I become the senior First Officer.

Our business model is to operate a hub out of Flyover international airport. Bring folks to Flyover and then funnel them to Southern areas such as Argentina.

Not_Karl will run our Argentina operations, and brief the passengers on the perils of flying with us.

Monchie will run the web-reservation system.

Per will haul jet fuel in boats and barges (how good are you at tug boat and barge operations on rivers?)

Sickbag will be incharge of catering (lots of juice and pretzels), and will also research ways to avoid bird and squid collisions for our aircraft and ships and boats.

I struggle with involving folks from there- but TeeVee could be in our legal department, Brian in charge of our PR department (and assuring there are good pictures of our aeroplanies for advertising pieces), Maybe Evan in dispatch, and Bobby can maybe sneak us in to Atlas simulators for recurrent training. Yuck to all of this. Maybe we are OK with out them.

Ocelot- Flight attendant (sorry, I had to be grossly non PC for a moment.) Never mind, you can be a Captain along with flyboy.

As to the livery- after reading many discussions, I think we simply fly the airplanes inverted and call it MOM airlines.

Yes, Gabiee, I have not listed you among the pilots as you must investigate the implications of inverted flight...I think the FBW has to be reprogrammed to allow inverted flight (but with 3 AOA sensors- it shouldn't be a problem, right?). But, I dont' know if the wings will be curved quite right- so we need some lift/drag calculations. Also, most importantly, we need you to aeroengineer the lavatories to work when inverted...And, maybe we even make the lavatories bigger...(another nail in Boeing's coffin). Verbie- when you get laid off, I'm sure Gabieee has a place for you.

Chris Foss, it's been too long, but I am sure you have a place in all of this. Same for you Rabbi.

As successful modern businesses involve a diverse team approach- I open this idea up for discussion.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:31 am

Can we make it a policy to fly them in direct law ONLY? (otherwise inverted won't work)

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:49 am

Sounds fine to me. Can we just pull a CB or is there a guarded switch? I imagine there will need to be some work on FCOM and QRH, and training to address type specific deviations from broad fundamentals.

Rabbi O'Genius

Postby Rabbi O'Genius » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:50 am

Can we make it a policy to fly them in direct law ONLY? (otherwise inverted won't work)
I think that today's world needs a Vegetarian Airline:
- Direct Law on the flight deck
- Coleslaw for the customers
......never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. – John Donne

J

Postby J » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:30 pm

We could branch out into serving VIP clientele too. Here is a listing for a 1980 Boeing 727 - VIP Configuration Aircraft (with Pratt JT8D-17R Engines)

https://www.salvex.com/listings/listing ... =182977866

KPryor

Postby KPryor » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:50 pm

I'd like in on this too. I'm a retired cop and computer geek, so maybe I could be director of computer security. Or maybe I could program the airplanes to not go nose down all by themselves. I have lots of good ideas.
I went to prison for murder, but I stayed for the chili!

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:17 pm

Not_Karl will run our Argentina operations, and brief the passengers on the perils of flying with us.
That wouldn't be good for our business. I'm thinking of a slogan...
"With DisastAir, did dying a fiery death is Not_pretty much guaranteed".
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:15 pm

That wouldn't be good for our business. I'm thinking of a slogan...
"With DisastAir, did dying a fiery death is Not_pretty much guaranteed".
What if we made you a gate agent and you could go onboard with a bat, tazer and zip ties and make women, children, doctors on mission trips to help blind people, dogs and baby ducks get off the plane for a sundry list of things in the fine print of the COC?

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:11 pm

I have a beautiful plan.

This is based upon some purple A-321s that may be available for purchase.

Stand by for more...
Them purple airplanes are already spoken for, at least I suspect so.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

monchavo
Site Admin

Postby monchavo » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:52 am

I'd like in on this too. I'm a retired cop and computer geek, so maybe I could be director of computer security. Or maybe I could program the airplanes to not go nose down all by themselves. I have lots of good ideas.
Fabulously groteseque interior!
____
Join the airdisaster Discord - https://discord.gg/A59Vdw73ET

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:32 pm

What if we made you a gate agent and you could go onboard with a bat, tazer and zip ties and make women, children, doctors on mission trips to help blind people, dogs and baby ducks get off the plane for a sundry list of things in the fine print of the COC?
That sounds like a dream job for some people there, Not_me...
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:44 am

Ocelot- Flight attendant (sorry, I had to be grossly non PC for a moment.) Never mind, you can be a Captain along with flyboy.
Since obviously nobody else around here knows how to run a business, I think the title you're looking for is "boss". :mrgreen:

(I know you were trying to be funny so I'm not going to rip you a new one, but that kind of thing really isn't funny, sorry)

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”