Thailand to commit fencepervcide!

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Thailand to commit fencepervcide!

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:14 pm

Actually Not_, headlines are a little bit sensationalist. I blame The Sun.
https://people.com/travel/tourists-may- ... ket-beach/
No Selfies Allowed! Tourists at This Phuket Beach May Face Death Penalty for Taking Photos
In an effort to increase the safety at Thailand’s Phuket International Airport, tourists at Mai Kho beach could face some seriously strict punishments — including the death penalty — for taking selfies in front of the popular low flying planes.
(...)
People and tourists will not be allowed to enter this area to take photos,” deputy Phuket airport chief Wichit Kaeothaithiam said on Thursday, according to the outlet.
(...)
The airport official went on to issue an additional warning to anybody living or staying within 9 kilometers of the airport, urging them against flying drones or shining lights at the incoming planes, according to the Chiang Rai Times.
Those who violate these rules, which are established under the Air Navigation Act, could face the country’s maximum punishment.
“The maximum penalty is the death sentence,” he shared.
Less severe punishments include a fine of up to 40,000 baht (about $1,253) or a jail sentence of up to 20 years, according to U.K. outlet The Sun.
A fenceperv-free world is Not_as close as I expected :(.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”