Improvisational cowboy rampies obviously skip safety procedures

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

Improvisational cowboy rampies obviously skip safety procedures

Postby 3WE » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Great video.

We also see the ISGTOOM (tug operator) invoke fundamental rampmanship to save the nearby aeroplanie from did dieing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/catering-car ... 51071.html

Physical punishment for having the service thingie in gear with beverages in position to hit controls.

Upon close review, the damn thing is a golf cart- LOL and oh the 4-ironing

Yes, ban everything aviation. (and golf)
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

elaw

Re: Improvisational cowboy rampies obviously skip safety procedures

Postby elaw » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:23 pm

I think we need to start a new thread here: press releases from airlines that do NOT include the phrase "safety is our first priority". If there are any.

Oh and ban bottled water.

Slightly serious: can those things be "in gear"? I've never operated a golf cart but thought the "user interface" consisted of two pedals: one for "go", the other for "stop". Plus a steering wheel. Maybe an ignition key if you ordered the "prestige package"? :lol:
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:48 pm

...Slightly serious: can those things be "in gear"? I've never operated a golf cart but thought the "user interface" consisted of two pedals: one for "go", the other for "stop". Plus a steering wheel. Maybe an ignition key if you ordered the "prestige package"? :lol:
Continuing with slightly serious discussion:

They generally have a key, AND a separate power-off switch, AND a brake...so there is some semblance of uber-aviational-safety-triple-redundancy...and I would ass usme that procedures call for the use of all three...

Of course there is probably NOT a WDND to monitor nor a printed acronym checklist, and possibly limited oversight.

elaw

Postby elaw » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:30 pm

I would ass usme that procedures call for the use of all three...
If they didn't before, I bet they will soon!
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:50 pm

They generally have a key, AND a separate power-off switch, AND a brake...so there is some semblance of uber-aviational-safety-triple-redundancy...and I would ass usme that procedures call for the use of all three...
Correction:

I recall:

1. A Key (light wiring that operated relays)
2. A Forward/Reverse and perhaps NEUTRAL lever (an electrical thing as opposed to a transmission)
3. A power switch (that unhooked the high-amperage stuff) (I don't recall if it was readily accessible or under the seat.)
4. Some sort of brake locking mechanism.

I operated the cart (with trailer) for the kiddo's marching band a few times...YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO TURN FINAL TO A 100 YARD FIELD WITH A FEW HUNDRED POUNDS OF DRUMS AND CHIMES AND CRAP BEHIND YOU...YOU ONLY TALK ABOUT IT AND PONTIFICATE ON DISCUSSION FORUMS! I LIVED IT!

And, yes my memories of the exact switching and brake line hydraulic pressure are admittedly fuzzy- but I don't think I had anti-skid braking.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:56 pm

A DISASTER was averted, according to Argie media. No mention if it was going to be a TOTAL didaster, or of what kind.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”