Jaguar On Ebay

Discuss all aspects of military aviation here!

Moderators: MikeD, Robert Hilton

rattler

Jaguar On Ebay

Postby rattler » Fri May 22, 2009 6:10 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting

Bidding has ended, though, but maybe you can still grab it directly?
Ex Royal Air Force SEPECAT Jaguar GR3A serial XZ394.

This is a Very Rare opportunity to acquire your very own single seat fighter attack aircraft!

This aircraft was in service with the RAF until 2006 when the Jaguars were retired from service. The aircraft has been decommissioned with armament and weapon systems removed. The aircraft would make a superb museum exhibit or static display piece. For the purpose of this auction we have a VERY Low start price; pricing the aircraft as a museum exhibit, however this airframe is an ideal candidate for a return to flight project and has the potential to be made airworthy. The log book (MOD Form 700) included.

This particular aircraft is currently in storage dismantled with wings, fin and tailplane removed ready for immediate delivery. The aircraft is externally complete but does not have the engines fitted or included in this sale. There is an early mk9B ejection seat included. As can be seen from the pictures most of the cockpit instruments are fitted.

Superb Stunning looking display aircraft with the potential for flight!

Also a great piece of aviation history having served with the RAF for nearly 30 years! This aircraft was first flown in 1977 having come off the production line as a GR1. The aircraft was delivered to RAF Bruggen for use on 20 SQN before being passed to 17SQN then upgraded to GR1A in 1987. The aircraft was then issued to 6SQN before being transferred to 54 SQN in 1990. In 1993/94 this aircraft took part in UN peace keeping operations sporting the ARTF colour scheme it still wears today. The aircraft was upgraded to GR3 standard in 1998 before finally being upgraded to GR3A standard in 2001. The aircraft ended its RAF career in March 2006 at RAF St Athan Having flown for a total of 6208 hours & 40 minutes.
Rattler
Sincere condolences to all Norwegians! I guess you will need some aquevit to get over this.

Sir Gallivant

Re: Jaguar On Ebay

Postby Sir Gallivant » Wed May 27, 2009 9:00 am

Seems he got no bids the first time round, it is up for sale again, just over 2 days left, so bid early and bid often....
Veni, Vidi, Velcro!

Robert Hilton

Postby Robert Hilton » Wed May 27, 2009 8:24 pm

Seeing as they paid about 500 pounds a shot I can understand people being reluctant to bid that kind of money.

rattler

Postby rattler » Thu May 28, 2009 11:16 pm

...and no engine, mind! ...

Rattler
Sincere condolences to all Norwegians! I guess you will need some aquevit to get over this.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Thu May 28, 2009 11:59 pm

I do mind, especially since two engines are needed.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

rattler

Postby rattler » Fri May 29, 2009 12:26 am

I do mind, especially since two engines are needed.
;) :clap:

If you had them, you could go Mach 1.3 and climb some 550+ ft/sec :mrgreen:

Rattler

Robert Hilton

Postby Robert Hilton » Fri May 29, 2009 8:04 am

All the engines were removed at St Athan before the airframes were put up for tender.
The museum at Laarbruch have their eye on one at the moment. If they get it, it should be an interesting job to transport it from the UK.

Return to “Military Aviation Discussion”