A2A Simulations V-tail Bonanza

Post tips, stories, questions, or screenshots related to Flight Simulation software.

Moderators: Pipe, ZeroAltitude

KPryor

A2A Simulations V-tail Bonanza

Postby KPryor » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:45 pm

This plane isn't new, but it's new to me. I won a copy of this Bonanza for FSX a couple weeks ago and finally had time to try it out today. I'm very impressed with it and still have much to learn. According to those who know, it's pretty realistic. Biggest thing I need to learn right now is how to properly lean the engine.
I went to prison for murder, but I stayed for the chili!

3WE

Re: A2A Simulations V-tail Bonanza

Postby 3WE » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:05 pm

Biggest thing I need to learn right now is how to properly lean the engine.
Look for some sort of red, starry lever...pull on it.

If you are "high" you will first note a power increase...then the engine will start to misfire. Move the lever back to where the power is good.

A fancy virtual aeropanie like a Bonanza probably also has an EGT gauge. Try to maximize that. That may go against the FCOM, but this is MSFS, peak EGT maximizes your virtual power, and who gives a $hit if you cook your virtual exhaust valves?

You're welcome.

;-)
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

elaw

Postby elaw » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:13 pm

Dude you're handing out some bad advice!

Back in the day, virtual exhaust valves used to be super-cheap, or even free if you knew where to look for them. But now due to global materials shortages, they've gotten very expensive. So it's worthwhile to make sure you use proper leaning procedure to avoid having to replace them prematurely.
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:26 pm

Dude you're handing out some bad advice!

Back in the day, virtual exhaust valves used to be super-cheap, or even free if you knew where to look for them. But now due to global materials shortages, they've gotten very expensive. So it's worthwhile to make sure you use proper leaning procedure to avoid having to replace them prematurely.
Oh the ironing (literally)

As a child of the 70's it was all about saving av-gas...maximizing 'MPG' if you will.

But don't forget, we have to balance plug fouling- AND THE ENVIRONMENT-KILLING PRODUCTION INCOMPLETELY BURNED HYDROCARBONS!

AND SORRY TO SPOIL THE FUN- WHY MESS WITH VIRTUAL MIXTURES...Flight sim's exist to land in gusty crosswinds, and to complete approaches when you are 2X too high in an Airbus, AND TO TURN FINAL WITH 600,000 VIRTUAL LBS IN TOW AND PISSY LITTLE PLASTIC POWER LEVERS BETWEEN YOUR THUMB AND FOREFINGER ;) :lol:
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:59 pm

...Bonanza for FSX...
I hope you are Not_a virtual doctor :o
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

KPryor

Postby KPryor » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:32 pm

...Bonanza for FSX...
I hope you are Not_a virtual doctor :o
No, but in my younger days I was an ambulance EMT. Hoping that doesn't wind up causing my virtual death falling from the virtual sky.

KPryor

Postby KPryor » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:32 pm

Biggest thing I need to learn right now is how to properly lean the engine.
Look for some sort of red, starry lever...pull on it.

If you are "high" you will first note a power increase...then the engine will start to misfire. Move the lever back to where the power is good.

A fancy virtual aeropanie like a Bonanza probably also has an EGT gauge. Try to maximize that. That may go against the FCOM, but this is MSFS, peak EGT maximizes your virtual power, and who gives a $hit if you cook your virtual exhaust valves?

You're welcome.

;-)
It's all very clear to me now. ;-)

Return to “Flight Simulator Discussion”