Thoughts on arrest of Harvard Prof

Politics is continually a popular topic of conversation at AD.info, and to allow our members to discuss it, we've created this forum.

Moderators: FrankM, el

PurduePilot

Re: Thoughts on arrest of Harvard Prof

Postby PurduePilot » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:15 am

Here's an idea : spend more.
Time for a new paradigm.
I thought that was supposed to be Obama...

Putt4Par

Postby Putt4Par » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:47 pm

Your country only dropped it apartheid stance forty years or so ago,shame on you and damn right you spend money on trying to repair the centuries of damage caused by a state that was, in it very foundations built apon the blood and sweat of slaves.Here's an idea : spend more.
You don't teach somebody to work and take responsibility for himself by giving him free food over and over again....especially when that person has shown very little interest in working and taking responsibility for himself.

You can claim that not enough money is given but you are wrong. The biggest detriment to the African American culture right now is out of wedlock baby production. Generation after generation of babies growing up without a father, for the most part. Somebody that can teach them how to be a man and how to respect women. Instead, they learn that from their friends in the hood and end up getting in trouble.

The opportunities to succeed in the U.S. are huge if you have a desire to work hard and make a difference. Certainly more than in Africa. Younger generations of African Americans should actually be thankful they live here and not in Africa.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:50 pm

Your country only dropped it apartheid stance forty years or so ago,shame on you and damn right you spend money on trying to repair the centuries of damage caused by a state that was, in it very foundations built apon the blood and sweat of slaves. Here's an idea : spend more.
To suggest that this country was built on slavery is intellectually dishonest at best and downright nonsense at worst. If that were true, then states that relied heavily on slave labor (Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, the Carolinas and so on) would be some of the richest states in the union. That's far from the case.

The Founding Fathers were fully aware that the nation they were trying to bulid was incompatible with the very concept of slavery, but they were also aware that they needed unity of the colonies. The issue of slavery would have caused the creation of two or three countries made out of the colonies rather than one, but steps were taken to prevent the slave-heavy states from having too much legislative pull, the counting of slaves as only two-thirds of a person for sensus purposes being one such measure, horrible as it sounds.

The Fathers were also aware that the issue would come to a head sooner or later, which of course it did by 1861.

Somewhat little-known fact is that there are a number of countries that had fully-sanctioned slavery later than the US, Brazil being one of them
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:57 pm

Somewhat little-known fact is that there are a number of countries that had fully-sanctioned slavery later than the US, Brazil being one of them
Another generally ignored fact is that Africans were sold into slavery by local black African slave traders.
"I'm putting an end to this f*ckery." - Rayna Boyanov

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:58 pm

Fakey,

it´s getting a little outdated to blame white colonists for everything wrong with Africa. Especially if you´d know the last african shitholes after more than 80 years of independence. Not to talk about black racism!

I give YOU an idea: A wall around Africa; Nobody in, nobody out. Let them screw themselves until only lions, zebras, monkeys and other intelligent african beings are left. Then come back and rebuild.

Pipe
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:55 pm

it´s getting a little outdated to blame white colonists for everything wrong with Africa.
Indeed. Consider oil-rich Nigeria (OPEC country) and its massive divide between rich and poor. I am curious to see how Sicky would spin this into a legacy of the white colonist racist right-handed meat-eating oppressors.
The biggest detriment to the African American culture right now is out of wedlock baby production. Generation after generation of babies growing up without a father, for the most part. Somebody that can teach them how to be a man and how to respect women. Instead, they learn that from their friends in the hood and end up getting in trouble.
Indeed. The cycle works like this. Young inner-city African American unmarried couple have a baby. Dad disappears (hooks up with gang, gets incarcerated, gets killed, etc.). Mom pitches baby over to her mother, so child is raised by its grandmother. (Mom later reappears when her children have kids so she can raise them.) Meanwhile, in the absence of a nuclear family, kid seeks structure and identity in the form of gang membership, then fathers children out of wedlock, then disappears. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Inner city African American culture is broken. Throwing more money at the problem won't help it, and may even encourage the problem. The gummint can't fix it for them. A new, charismatic, right-thinking African American leader needs to emerge. And I don't mean unabashed media whores like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:57 pm

A new, charismatic, right-thinking African American leader needs to emerge. And I don't mean unabashed media whores like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.
That's OK, Barack Hussein Obama will make it all better in no time.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:00 pm

That's OK, Barack Hussein Obama will make it all better in no time.
I'm thinking more in terms of someone to fill the shoes of MLK Jr., not necessarily someone elected to political office. An ideological champion who will pick up where King left off.

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:07 pm

I've just realised!

You guys have distilled the problems and social exclusion suffered by four hundred years of oppression and subjugation into an Elvis song !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw

Genius!
2022: The year of the Squid Singularity

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:26 pm

I give YOU an idea: A wall around Africa; Nobody in, nobody out. Let them screw themselves until only lions, zebras, monkeys and other intelligent african beings are left. Then come back and rebuild.

Pipe
How Christian of you.

Putt4Par

Postby Putt4Par » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:32 pm

Another generally ignored fact is that Africans were sold into slavery by local black African slave traders.
And one more generally ignored fact is that Chinese immigrants were brought in to work on the railroads in the west, pretty much in terrible conditions, and they have managed to do well in this country. I don't hear many Chinese people crying about slavery and mis-treatments.

To me it boils down to this....and I know it is harsh but sometimes reality is harsh: pretty much every country where black people are a majority is in social and economic chaos despite of all the help other countries provide. Nothing has changed and very little progress has been made. Why are we always blaming other countries for not doing enough to help them? And if that is all we see, why do we expect anything different with african americans in this country? There, I said it.

Peter_K

Postby Peter_K » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Pipe
How Christian of you.
Nothing to do with Christianity. Your ideological leaders came up with the idea.

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:57 pm

Pipe
How Christian of you.
Nothing to do with Christianity. Your ideological leaders came up with the idea.

Do you think he was turned by the secret Police?

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:08 pm

Ah Sicky, you´ve no idea what you´re talking about. As you don´t have about Africa. Playing samaritan from a comfy desk somewhere in merry ol´ England will not find appreciation over there. Maybe you drag your ass to the very spot and embrace the adventure; Somalia for starters?

Pipe
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Maybe you drag your ass to the very spot and embrace the adventure; Somalia for starters?
No dice, chief. Marxists work in the theoretical realm. Getting their hands dirty isn't part of the equation.

Putt4Par

Postby Putt4Par » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:13 am

Ah Sicky, you´ve no idea what you´re talking about. As you don´t have about Africa. Playing samaritan from a comfy desk somewhere in merry ol´ England will not find appreciation over there. Maybe you drag your ass to the very spot and embrace the adventure; Somalia for starters?

Pipe
And if you can't afford going to Somalia, just come over to Columbus, OH where about 50,000 Somalis came as refugees. If you go to the neighborhood where they live you will find the same crap you would find in Somalia: crime, filth, chaos, uncivilized behaviour, lazyness, etc... even when the government (or us, taxpayers) are giving them money and food.

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:21 pm

...just come over to Columbus, OH where about 50,000 Somalis came as refugees. If you go to the neighborhood where they live you will find the same crap you would find in Somalia: crime, filth, chaos, uncivilized behaviour, lazyness, etc... even when the government (or us, taxpayers) are giving them money and food.
Evidently ignorant and lazy racial sterotyping is also provided by the locals free of charge. Man ,those guys have everything...

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Indeed. I personally have had the opportunity to work with a few black Africans, and have found them to be bright and energetic.

Putt4Par

Postby Putt4Par » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:53 pm

...just come over to Columbus, OH where about 50,000 Somalis came as refugees. If you go to the neighborhood where they live you will find the same crap you would find in Somalia: crime, filth, chaos, uncivilized behaviour, lazyness, etc... even when the government (or us, taxpayers) are giving them money and food.
Evidently ignorant and lazy racial sterotyping is also provided by the locals free of charge. Man ,those guys have everything...
Yes, I was waiting for you to throw the "racist" and "ignorant" adjectives around. When people are challenged on this that is their last resort. I have to drive through that neighborhood weekly and that is what I see. I know what kind of a problem it is for the city, my taxes go to pay for that, it is crime ridden, etc... I know they are "adapting" to this country but I know a lot of people who are poor but are also clean and not violent. True ignorance is avoiding the subject because it is politically incorrect, turning a blind eye, and throwing more money at them.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:23 am

It's simple to be politically correct: There are a plenty of worthless white, criminally-inclined, promiscuous, train your kids how to lie to the cops, etc, types of people, so it's not race.

Switching back to politically incorrect things, there's a neat trend that succesful black people don't do a whole lot to go back to the 'hood and tell their bro's to try and act like law-abiding, upstanding, working citizens...because they know it will do no good. (sure some do, but a lot don't, and some that do simply get shot and robbed.)

The no-snitching code, bitching that there is no police protection (but throwing bricks and bottles at cops when they arrest a criminal) is a hell of a way to advance your neighborhood (note I didn't say race).

Heck, I'll even say that affirmitive action WAS a good thing. Back in the 60's (I was alive then) there were still some stuff that "white America" was doing that was very wrong, and maybe it helped some black folks "break in" to jobs where they otherwise could not. But today, it's become a nasty "gimme" entitlement.

I guess the thing that bugs me is have-a-baby, get a raise on your welfare check. Wow, that sure perpetuates things! It's pretty harsh to say "let your kid have no prenatal care, and starve while you buy liqour and meth with the same level of food stamps & welfare checks....[sarcasm mode?]Maybe in BO's communist world we can shuffle these welfare babys off to indoctrination camps away from their worthless parents (or should I say biological reproductive units)...it won't be pretty, but at least they can contribute to society instead of growing up to be gang-bangers????

Of course my all time favorite is that yes, absolutely, black folks ARE entitiled to repairations......EXCEPT the reparation is a free ticket back to Africa to right the wrong my foretathers did by dragging them over here. As much money as our government is throwing around, I think it's a very reasonable proposition.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Return to “Political Discussion Forum”