Flight Tracker question

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

sindeewell

Flight Tracker question

Postby sindeewell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Does anyone know of a flight tracker program for trans-atlantic flights? Daughter is leaving Thursday for Spain...wouldn't mind trying to keep track of her. Hopefully Air France will keep this one out of the water.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ~ WOW, what a ride~!!!

flyboy2548m

Re: Flight Tracker question

Postby flyboy2548m » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:23 pm

Oh, you people leave them this wide-open and expect me to let them go.

Don't bother tracking her, based on the airline/aircraft she is pretty much guaranteed...oh, just make sure you take out some life insurance on her.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Life insurance is bought & all paid up.

Any clue what kind of aircraft she will be on?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ~ WOW, what a ride~!!!

Ed

Postby Ed » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Anyone remember that Irish kid on AD that freaked out when he lost contact with his skag for 15 minutes when she was flying to the US? I think the dude had a Vespa. That was some funny shit.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Anyone remember that Irish kid on AD that freaked out when he lost contact with his skag for 15 minutes when she was flying to the US? I think the dude had a Vespa. That was some funny shit.
Was that the kid who subsequently married and divorced the skag in question?

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Flight #, please.

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:42 pm

Flight #, please.
AF345
According to AF website under aircraft for this flight it says 77W.

Kjell Engkrog

Postby Kjell Engkrog » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:57 pm

She`ll be on a Boeing 777-300ER then. Europe don`t have flight trackers like you do on your side of the pond. You might try http://www.flightradar24.com/ and zoom your way to France. But you`ll need to click on a few aircraft to find hers.

Cheers,
You look like I need a drink

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:59 pm

Then why would you ask?

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated! I pretty much figured that I couldn't track her across the Atlantic but would like to make sure she lands...in one piece. I'm feeling better that she will be on a Boeing. :)

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:02 pm

Then why would you ask?
Because I didn't know what 77W stood for.

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Does anyone know of a flight tracker program for trans-atlantic flights? Daughter is leaving Thursday for Spain...wouldn't mind trying to keep track of her. Hopefully Air France will keep this one out of the water.
Don't worry, Cindy. In my experience Air France serves great wines, and in quantities. She'll do fine. Cheers, skål, salud and à vo·tre santé !
:twisted: Per :twisted:

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:09 pm

Don't worry, Cindy. In my experience Air France serves great wines, and in quantities. She'll do fine. Cheers, skål, salud and à vo·tre santé !
:twisted: Per :twisted:
She's 15 Per....I seriously doubt that she will be drinking any wine (in any quantity). I'm sure she will be just fine. She has an adventurous spirit...I'm just being a panicky mother. I will pass along your good tidings to her!

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:23 pm

She's 15 Per....I seriously doubt that she will be drinking any wine (in any quantity). I'm sure she will be just fine. She has an adventurous spirit...I'm just being a panicky mother. I will pass along your good tidings to her!
Do that, and tell her to have a fantastic time. And I didn't drink much wine when I was 15 either, I was more the beer and Cuba Libre type.
Per

PurduePilot

Postby PurduePilot » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:44 pm

Do that, and tell her to have a fantastic time. And I didn't drink much wine when I was 15 either, I was more the beer and Cuba Libre type.
Per
When I was 15 I usually stuck with a virgin Cuba Libre, minus the lime.

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Per
When I was 15 I usually stuck with a virgin Cuba Libre, minus the lime.
Virgin Cubans? Don't know any.
Per

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:05 pm

make sure she takes an umbrella on-board the flight, for as you know: The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plane.

I'll get my coat...
2022: The year of the Squid Singularity

Ed

Postby Ed » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:32 pm

That's it!

He was despondent when they parted (presumably because that was his only chance to get laid, without going to Hamburg)! She was a cherub-faced little thing (and so was he for that matter). I believe he moved to Skegness and is now the leading Vespa salesperson there.

Thunder Down Under

Postby Thunder Down Under » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:38 am

That's it!

He was despondent when they parted (presumably because that was his only chance to get laid, without going to Hamburg)! She was a cherub-faced little thing (and so was he for that matter). I believe he moved to Skegness and is now the leading Vespa salesperson there.
..........and she ended up in a cruel embrace with a heavily tattood merchant sailor.. :shock: ....or....or....was that him?... :lol:

TDU
I don't have a plan........therefore nothing can go wrong.....

reubee

Postby reubee » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:57 am

I've got Miss 9 making her first flight without Mum or Dad tomorrow as well although she has Grandma for company. Dinner conversation has centered this week on "what happens if the seat belt sign comes on when I am on the toilet, what happens if the toilet door gets stuck, do I get my own TV, how do I get the tray out to eat if their is a TV on the seat in front of me, is Avril Lavigne on the CD's... "

As for tracking, most airlines these days have an up-to-date info on their website showing expected landing time. Airports do as well, If it says "Refer to Airline" thats not good.

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:07 pm

I've got Miss 9 making her first flight without Mum or Dad tomorrow as well although she has Grandma for company. Dinner conversation has centered this week on "what happens if the seat belt sign comes on when I am on the toilet, what happens if the toilet door gets stuck, do I get my own TV, how do I get the tray out to eat if their is a TV on the seat in front of me, is Avril Lavigne on the CD's... "

As for tracking, most airlines these days have an up-to-date info on their website showing expected landing time. Airports do as well, If it says "Refer to Airline" thats not good.
Good luck with your daughter's flight. At least she has Grandma. That will keep her entertained. I love the questions your daughter has asked...my youngest asked the same ones when we were flying to Cuba. Amazing what these kids think of.

Spain-trip daughter took a domestic flight ALL BY HERSELF at the age of 12 to go visit my niece 3 years ago. She loves to fly, enjoys the feeling so I am trying not to project my fear onto her. She did say that she was concerned about flying over open water for such a long time. I told her that there were hundreds of overseas flights a day (all over the world) so not to worry. (See...I'm such a good mom...lol)

el

Postby el » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:48 am

My youngest one was 8 when she flew CPT-AMS-MUC all on her own. No problems there. One might say that flying KL helps (they are excellent with UM's).

A 15 year old should have no problems whatsoever on her own. Isn't she flying with a group anyway?

I would be more concerned about what might happen in Spain...... ;)

Coat, hat, door.......

OldSowBreath

Postby OldSowBreath » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Keys, tits, testicles....

blueblack

Postby blueblack » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:36 pm

´KITTIEA

blueblack

Postby blueblack » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:59 pm