Not_FAO Karl

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

Not_FAO Karl

Postby 3WE » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:56 pm

..but FAO Not_Karl
I suffered a TOTAL CYCLING DISASTER!!!!!111 on december 10, when a truck, while overtaking me, decided it was a good idea to crush me against another, parked truck. Broken bicycle, broken left hip, 19 days in the hospital with no access to te http://www.internet.com (nor any type of e-gadget), prosthetic hip (hopefully NOT made of cheap composites). Still bed-ridden, but at my mom's house and an uncle lent me a notebook to surf these interwebs and spread my toomfoolery all over them :D.
1) Extremely happy that you lived to post about it!
2) Extremely unhappy that you have suffered injury AND been unable to frequent the forum for nearly 20 days.
3) Next time, I'd suggest riding a fly by wire cheap composite cracker box in a second-world country piloted by someone who, in spite of a complete puppy mill course, couldn't land a job with an obscure US airline and who thinks that when you REALLY need to go up, you pull up relentlessly...it's much safer than riding on cheap composite bicycles.

I guess you could PM me your address and I can forward my old issues of an obscure, xenophobic US aviation magazine. Or I can make youtubes of my new drone and send you links.

In your absence, our membership briefly soared by several hundred I think. However, Monchavo was quite the jerk and banned them and even deleted their informative posts (lots of good recommendations for some sort of software and male enhancement products among other things (no depilatory products though)) And of course, he banned Verbal's true love too. Aw well, moderators can be so irritating.

Hope the hip heals with some haste, not too much pain, and better than avearge. :shock:

In the meantime, hope to see you exercising your wit and keyboard technique here or there.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: Not_FAO Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:28 pm

1) Extremely happy that you lived to post about it!
Thanks! :D But how did you know that I did lived if I forgot to say that I didn’t died? :o
2) Extremely unhappy that you have suffered injury AND been unable to frequent the forum for nearly 20 days.
Indeed. Not having access to them interwebs is a torture I wouldn’t wish upon my worst enemy :x .
3) Next time, I'd suggest riding a fly by wire cheap composite cracker box in a second-world country piloted by someone who, in spite of a complete puppy mill course, couldn't land a job with an obscure US airline and who thinks that when you REALLY need to go up, you pull up relentlessly...it's much safer than riding on cheap composite bicycles.

Concur
, but I would first have to move up to the second world :roll: .
I guess you could PM me your address and I can forward my old issues of an obscure, xenophobic US aviation magazine. Or I can make youtubes of my new drone and send you links.
Thanks, but I’m not interested in magazines no one knows with articles from people nobody ever heard about :shock: .
Drone youtubes would be appreciated, especially if they involve messing with innocent people and disturbing even more their already stressful lives :twisted: .
In your absence, our membership briefly soared by several hundred I think. However, Monchavo was quite the jerk and banned them and even deleted their informative posts (lots of good recommendations for some sort of software and male enhancement products among other things (no depilatory products though)) And of course, he banned Verbal's true love too. Aw well, moderators can be so irritating.
Yes, I noticed and regret missing the action :oops: . I felt bad for our poor Verbie, but Marinatink was cheating on him with Mr. Snappy anyway :ugeek: .
Hope the hip heals with some haste, not too much pain, and better than avearge. :shock:
Thank you!
In the meantime, hope to see you exercising your asshattery here or there.
Fixed and thanks!
:D :D :D :D :D
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:21 pm

Did the driver of the truck died? If not, what will you do to him? Nothing pleasant I trust.
You're young, you'll heal..........................eventually. Good luck with that.
Per

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:51 pm

Did the driver of the truck died? If not, what will you do to him? Nothing pleasant I trust.
You're young, you'll heal..........................eventually. Good luck with that.
Per
Thanks! :D

No, he didn't died and I didn't do anything to him.
I let him go before the police arrived (also before knowing that my hip had broke like a cheap composite crackerbox's vertical stabilizer, but I don't think that would have made a difference). Yeah, in his place I still wouldn't have left, but...
Mom_Not_Karl wants to find him using Facebook. I don't. I guess I'm not American :o .

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."

monchavo
Site Admin

Postby monchavo » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Seems an unusual course of events to allow the driver to leave? Why did you not insist he stayed to make a statement to police?
____
Join the airdisaster Discord - https://discord.gg/A59Vdw73ET

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Seems an unusual course of events to allow the driver to leave? Why did you not insist he stayed to make a statement to police?
Well, I didn't know my frail, inferior human body had catastrophically failed and was hoping to stand up and walk home with the remains of my bike after some minutes...
I also dislike the idea of police intervention, legal proceedings, etc. :oops:

tds
Location: ...a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm

Postby tds » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:30 am

I assume this is all a euphemism for "I was blind drunk at the time"? :)

Personally, I would want the full force of criminal / administrative / civil law as applicable thrown at any clown that did that to me, if only pour encourager les autres.

But in any case, very glad to hear you're recovering. Gonna get back on the bike?

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:52 am

I assume this is all a euphemism for "I was blind drunk at the time"? :)
No, completely sober. I was riding a bycicle, dressed, in the city; not running naked through the woods :mrgreen: .
Personally, I would want the full force of criminal / administrative / civil law as applicable thrown at any clown that did that to me, if only pour encourager les autres.
I see your point.
But in any case, very glad to hear you're recovering.
Thank you! :D
Gonna get back on the bike?
Of course, eventually (need some months, physiotherapy and a new bike). Mom is not amused :mrgreen: .

3WE

There

Postby 3WE » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:54 pm

Congratulations on Post #10.

Nice avatar; however, I think you should check the QRH, as the wall should probably be removed before dive-bombing the auto-streamer dispenser roll. Might cause extra abrasion to propulsion parts, aerodynamic surfaces and wind screens...just my broad, fundamental thoughts...

Not_Karl

Re: There

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:42 am

Congratulations on Post #10.
Thanks. I view it as a small step for an ADforumite, a giant leap for hair removal.

Nice avatar; however, I think you should check the QRH, as the wall should probably be removed before dive-bombing the auto-streamer dispenser roll. Might cause extra abrasion to propulsion parts, aerodynamic surfaces and wind screens...just my broad, fundamental thoughts...
Fear not, the picture depicts a ground based storage facility.

3WE

Re: There

Postby 3WE » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:44 pm

...the picture depicts a ground based storage facility constructed from cheap ceramics..
Fixed.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri May 15, 2015 5:29 am

I stopped in on your user profile here and noted your statistics.

You need to find another thread to be a little more active in.

Also, given that you use a lot of bold font, are you ITS?

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sun May 24, 2015 12:22 am

I stopped in on your user profile here and noted your statistics.

You need to find another thread to be a little more active in.

Also, given that you use a lot of bold font, are you ITS?
Those statistics do not take into account my thousands of valuable, informative contributions in the secret hair removal ring.

And no. I can't apply genius driving skills to a bicycle, let alone an aircraft....
(Also I'm Not_Texan)

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:42 pm

9-11-2015 (Sorry about the significance of the date, just a coincidence)

Recently, there was an incident of much spectacularness, multi-faceted issues, press misrepresentation and small shreds of British humour and ironing...

...and you are silent...

Indeed, cheap composites and relentless pull ups are not significant factors, but there is much discussion of what we should and shouldn't be doing.

Did you died?

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:17 am

Sorry, I am speechless and in a deep state of shock after lerning that we should NOT follow procedures in certain cases.
I am also deeply worried, as British Airways 777 TOTAL AIR DISASTERS!!!! are usually followed by a TOTAL FORUM DISASTER!!!.

but there is much discussion of what we should and shouldn't be doing.
...but still nobody asked for physical punishment to be applied to unruly passengers :(.
...press misrepresentation...
NO WAY! :o :shock:
Did you died?
No, but I could not block as many exits nor puncture as many slides as I would have liked :(. At least my hand lugagge is unscathed! :clap:

3WE

Postby 3WE » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:19 pm

but there is much discussion of what we should and shouldn't be doing.
...but still nobody asked for physical punishment to be applied to unruly passengers :(.
...I suggest further review, including posts by an inconsistent, double-standard, slightly power-tripped, slightly-talented, photo reviewer who doesn't recognize the utility of an aircraft fuselage and tail to frame spectacular subjects of interest located in the classic 1/3-2/3 orientation.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:10 am

This evening, I read in an obscure aviation magazine that your heart-surgeon-rich-uncle in the xenophobic country of America is being promoted to Jetcaptain of Cessna's with no_propellers.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:35 am

Help!...Estoy en Puerto Rico Y my yahoo y Google la Espanol y me no habla.

Me no cohelo suave except dos frios cervesas por favor.

Mucho trajabo, no la descansa.

Muchos gracias en la advance.

Si, me el scibo reporto de veulo en semana. Me no muertosded.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:15 am

Me no cohelo suave
¿Qué?
cervesas
Oh, that explains everything. Espero que te mantengas completamente vestido y lejos de bosques y/o cabinas de jets regionales.

Glad you didn't died, hope you find time to rest. Take it ea... oh, no, forget it :o .
¡Saludos!

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:09 am

Indeed, I am keeping clothed (in public), avoiding the rain forest and cabins of regional jets. Instead, I was on Southwest Airlines- which I think Evan has no-fly listed, but Alex Trude always insisted was the most perfect airline ever to fly the face of the Earth. (The online translator was needed for everything but "Regional Jet Cabin".

I hate San Juan... just a nasty, packed tourist place.

Our hotel store has nothing but mainland xenophobic beverages.

I used to go to the South part of the Island to get Tres Monjitas brand Bebida de Li'mon. I'm sure it's just as artificial as the Minute Maid stuff at the hotel, and maybe a tad less sterile, but hey LIME flavored artificial sugar water is something you KNOW that Puerto Ricans would nail (Of course, sadly, I would get the Bebida de Li'mon at the local Wal Mart.)

I'm also saddened that, while at Luis Munoz Martin airport, I did not see any Puerto Rican DC-10's (Britten-Norman Trislander*), DC-3s, nor a heard of Cape Airways Cessna 402s. Maybe they still exist on the airport and I just missed them.

Several years ago, it was fun watching a 402 pilot hand fly an ILS to about 400 feet in a good juicy (yet fairly gentle) tropical rain shower. Of course, this is also where I watched a guy switch the transponder to 1200 while still in the clouds on descent into Ponce.

One positive, we are very close to the smaller, down town San Juan airport and I get to hear a lot of departures of smaller planes through the day.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britten-Norman_Trislander.

Nevertheless, I am taking LIFE easy and keeping IT away from Nair.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:48 am

I do like strange aeroplanie things very much, and the Trislander is no exception. The image of a Puerto Rican mini-ISGPOTM piloting one brings a tear to my eye. Hope you see one (and vintage planes) soon!

Isn't there anything more exotic to drink than lemonade? (Not_Karlie is very fond of strange/exotic beverages, fruit and candy).
I am taking LIFE easy and keeping IT away from Nair.
DO NOT say it so loud, I think having body hair is against a certain forum's rules.

Keep safe and try to stay away from total air disasters.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:58 pm

...I think having body hair is against a certain forum's rules...
Speaking of other forums, I see that we are identifying obscure airlines by their livery (after a fellow Buenos Aires forumite ID's the aircraft which was not_the question).

Indeed, you get a blue ribbon for your worldly (not_xenophobic) knowledge of aviation, but be careful supplying factual aviation information there.

You made no mention of whether you liked that livery or not, and I found that jetphoto to be horribly focused and poorly composed.

Changing the subject, it's been about a year since your near-total transportation disaster. Did you died yet? Have you gained the ability to forecast weather changes from body aches in the area of your injuries? Have you offered said weather-reporting services to the nearby Moron airbase (along with first aid assistance, if needed)?

Thanks in advance.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:13 am

Indeed, you get a blue ribbon for your worldly (not_xenophobic) knowledge of Google image searches, but be careful supplying factual aviation information there..
Fixed.
I entered several different keyphrases. If I remember correctly the winner was "green a320".
You made no mention of whether you liked that livery or not, and I found that jetphoto to be horribly focused and poorly composed.
It's not the best livery, but certainly not the worst. Much better than Eurowhite, no doubt.
The chances of the screeners rejecting the picture if it finds its way to the queue are high, but at least now there will be less "categories wrong or missing" :mrgreen: .
Changing the subject, it's been about a year since your near-total transportation disaster. 1)Did you died yet? 2)Have you gained the ability to forecast weather changes from body aches in the area of your injuries? 3)Have you offered said weather-reporting services to the nearby Moron airbase (along with first aid assistance, if needed)?
1) I did died the day ad.net did exploded.
2) No. I was looking forward to that, but sometimes I feel fine with the crappiest weather and have some discomfort with the nicest. Maybe my absolute hatred of hot, sunny days has something to do :evil: .
3) See 2. Of course, I could just guess and still be more accurate than the official forecast, but regrettably I'm not a retired paramedic :(.

Thanks for your concern.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:30 pm

I understand via the news media that El Presidente de Estatos Unidos (except for Tejas) (aka POTUS, but not_the plant) is visiting you today (3/25/2016).

Please tell him that 3WE says hello, and that we are aware of important changes that need to be made to pilot rest regulations. (If possible get to him before Evan does, as I suspect you will supply the important gray-area subtleties to pilot fatigue and the realities of the regulation process, etc.)

Perhaps you can also find los pilotos de genio of Air Force Uno. You should inform them how their next aircraft should be a 777, and impress upon them the importance of procedures with respect to both hand flying and automation.

Please also try to get some JetPhotos of Air Force Uno on departure (and perhaps in formation with some F-27s?).

As we like to say, "Thanks in advance."

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:21 pm

I understand via the news media that El Presidente de Estatos Unidos (except for Tejas) (aka POTUS, but not_the plant) is visiting you today (3/25/2016).
wrong
El Presidente de los Estados Unidos de NorteAmérica left yesterday.
Please tell him that 3WE says hello, and that we are aware of important changes that need to be made to pilot rest regulations. (If possible get to him before Evan does, as I suspect you will supply the important gray-area subtleties to pilot fatigue and the realities of the regulation process, etc.)
We tried...
"Two men were arrested when they tried to give Obama a (written) request"
Those were Gabe and me.
Perhaps you can also find los pilotos de genio of Air Force Uno.
They were, as expected, running drunk and naked in Palermo "woods". I tried to convince them of the financial advantages of a modern twin over the costly and obsolete 747-8, but they replied with something like "4 engines 4 long haul" :| .
Please also try to get some JetPhotos of Air Force Uno on departure (and perhaps in formation with some F-27s?).
Sorry, couldn't get any. But here's a PresidentPhoto I stole from Clarín of El PDLEUDNA trying his best to not offend the Argentinian people with an expression of disgust while tasting that awful, horrid concoction we so feel the need to share with everyone expecting them to like it.

You're welcome.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”