F.A.O.: 3WE

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Postby Not_Karl » Tue May 09, 2017 3:14 am

Are you sure you studied law?
I DID KNEWED IT!!!
Next: 3BS is not the Earth poisoner he says to be (and perhaps is an organic crop advocate ecoterrorist hippie).
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed May 10, 2017 8:49 am

1. This is a photography forum...
Fixed.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri May 12, 2017 4:47 am

Had I been trapped by myself in an airport at age 15, I woulda thought it was the awesomest thing ever, bar none!
Oh, I wouldn't even be thinking about food! The idea of having a whole airport to hang out in would have completely obliterated any consideration of nourishment.
As long as there are windows to watch the aeroplanie things, CONCUR!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri May 12, 2017 9:09 am

Had I been trapped by myself in an airport at age 15, I woulda thought it was the awesomest thing ever, bar none!
Oh, I wouldn't even be thinking about food! The idea of having a whole airport to hang out in would have completely obliterated any consideration of nourishment.
As long as there are windows to watch the aeroplanie things, CONCUR!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:
I am not sure letting adolescent ATLCrewboy loose, overnight in an airport is a good idea. What if he encountered a similarly stranded ATLHostiegirl?

Definitely need government intervention for such unconsciouble incidents.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri May 12, 2017 10:54 am

I am not sure letting adolescent ATLCrewboy loose, overnight in an airport is a good idea. What if he encountered alcohol and the airport was near some woods?
Fixed.

Not_Karl

F.A.O.: 3WE and Gabe

Postby Not_Karl » Sun May 14, 2017 5:33 am

If you drive a racing car too fast(even on a banked turn) it SKIDS outward...

If you are on an icy incline you SLIP downward.
Si manejás un auto de carreras muy rápido (incluso en una curva inclinada), DERRAPA hacia afuera...
Si estás en una pendiente cubierta de hielo, te DESLIZÁS hacia abajo.

BUT... I don't know/think "derrapar" is proper aviation terminology (it makes me think of a vehicle travelling on a surface, but don't know if it applies exclusively to that), and I think it may be interchangeable with "deslizar" or "patinar". As I said before, I'm a linguistic (and aeronautic) asshat, so I will leave further discussion to you two :mrgreen: .
Screw languages! :x

3WE

Postby 3WE » Sun May 14, 2017 11:55 pm

Are you sure you studied law?
I DID KNEWED IT!!!
Next: 3BS is not the Earth poisoner he says to be (and perhaps is an organic crop advocate ecoterrorist hippie).
As with many things, I can go both ways...

Airline customer service and strong adherence to procedure doesn't completely suck and big Ag is not without some flaws...fortunately discussion fora exist to actually not_solve all of this and achieve global consciousness, understanding and unity.

3WE

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE and Gabe

Postby 3WE » Mon May 15, 2017 1:29 am

Screw languages! :x
Concuredo.

...and, the terms are also gray and fuzzy and somewhat interchangeable in Englais.

3WE

Re: F.A.O.: Not_Karl and Gabe

Postby 3WE » Tue May 16, 2017 7:05 pm

Reconozco que el Español y varias otras culturas son muy cálido y hospitalario. No son sólo los blancos del sur.
Again, I go both ways...Xenophobic AND Multicultural...the truth lies somewhere in the elusive gray middle ground.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Tue May 16, 2017 10:14 pm

the elusive gray middle ground.
Elusive indeed, that's actually blue... :?
As with many things, I can go both ways..
Like good American steel or cheap French composites? :)

Did you tell the gate agents to take it easy?

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed May 17, 2017 1:29 am

Did you tell the gate agents to take it easy?
No.

I do not speak French.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sun May 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Are we anxiously waiting for Brianie's answer to ATLcrewie?

3WE

Postby 3WE » Mon May 22, 2017 12:15 am

He's much too busy explaining why night starts/stops 3 hours before/after sunset/sunrise- and how we really shouldn't have to ask such silly questions...

3WE

The regulation of _____________.

Postby 3WE » Tue May 30, 2017 8:48 pm

There is a part of me that, like Evan, would like to regulate right, wrong, morality, ethics, common sense, decency...

And there is part of me that understands that 'the government' is probably the worst entity to enact such regulations.

In the meantime reading about all the things "we" need to do to fix everything wrong with aviation (or Fourbucks customer relations) is rather entertaining.

elaw

Re: The regulation of _____________.

Postby elaw » Wed May 31, 2017 12:04 pm

And there is part of me that understands that 'the government' is probably the worst entity to enact such regulations.
I can think of two that are worse: corporate CEOs/boards, and corporate shareholders. Basically anyone with a profit motive.

Having said that, I do think regulation of airlines' reservation systems is a little silly. Or maybe even a lot silly.
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:45 pm

NOT popcorn worthy :cry: .
I can think of two that are worse: corporate CEOs/boards, and corporate shareholders. Basically anyone with a profit motive.
Doesn't that also include governments? :mrgreen:

3WE

Postby 3WE » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:07 pm

NOT popcorn worthy :cry: .
Strange place, there.

Not_Karl

Office 365

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:28 pm

Maybe you should introduce Vandelay Industries, Inc. to the delights of OpenOffice...

3WE

Re: Office 365

Postby 3WE » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:26 pm

Maybe you should introduce Vandelay Industries, Inc. to the delights of OpenOffice...
Regulatory agencies NEED to get involved with MS...

Morality is missing and the software design is pathological.

And don't act like I have a choice...you know the business world almost exclusively uses MS Office!

I'm going to PM Tee Vee (or ATL Crewboy since he's citing legal cases by number).

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:16 am

They did. Then Bush (the Younger) got elected and called it off. So it didn't accomplish much of anything.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:27 pm

They did. Then Bush (the Younger) got elected and called it off. So it didn't accomplish much of anything.
Just so you know the context- this was a largely sarcastic post referring to a different discussion forum where a member believes there should be significant government oversight and regulation regarding airline reservation systems.

While we all wish companies would have 1950 Norman Rockwell ethics, it's probably best (and doesn't necessarily work all that great anyway) that government does not regulate 'everything' in the commercial world.

Switching from sarcasm to seriousness- it is a bit amazing to think how much productivity goes into THE USER managing MS products...updates, bug fixes...and how they have a significant (no not total) monopoly over the industry...there's probably a slightly more valid argument to 'regulate' Office vs. 'regulating' reservation systems.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:52 am

Obtaining our well deserved badges and getting our images on FR24 are very important issues.

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:09 am

Just so you know the context- this was a largely sarcastic post referring to a different discussion forum where a member believes there should be significant government oversight and regulation regarding airline reservation systems.
Oy. No, I didn't, I haven't bothered looking at that other forum in years. The things that make it over here don't encourage it...
While we all wish companies would have 1950 Norman Rockwell ethics, it's probably best (and doesn't necessarily work all that great anyway) that government does not regulate 'everything' in the commercial world.

Switching from sarcasm to seriousness- it is a bit amazing to think how much productivity goes into THE USER managing MS products...updates, bug fixes...and how they have a significant (no not total) monopoly over the industry...there's probably a slightly more valid argument to 'regulate' Office vs. 'regulating' reservation systems.
It'd be like trying to get an airworthiness certificate for a Spruce Goose replica made out of concrete...

3WE

Preservation from Brian's delete button.

Postby 3WE » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:54 pm

In an effort to stir crap (at a level 25% as good as Flyboy and ITS), I have razzed Brian, there. If he is in a bitchy mood, he will delete my post and ban me. A couple weeks ago, I made a zinger comment on a photo rejection too...(I note that the rejection appeal infestation in "Aviation Discussion" continues)

Context: Death of an aviation fan resulting from watching jet blast at the fence at St. Maarten.
...lunacy...
Who doesn't love getting close and personal with big powerful things? And folks have clung to the fence for years (yeah, sure, it may cause imperfections in your photos, but to witness such sheer power.)

We watch trains, we chase tornadoes, we go rafting in swift water, we go to car races and get killed by flying tires.

Sure, there is a magical distance behind (and ahead of, for that matter) a jet engine where you might be over powered, but repeating, folks are hanging on to that fence every day...

...especially people who like airplanes (not that that there's all that many folks like that around here).

Edit: By the way, it would be interesting to review the stats of St. Maarten Fence clinging to parachuting. I know over the last 10 years, the total death count from parachuting is a lot higher...now normalized to the number of fence clingers vs. jumpers???...who knows. Still, I can't be quite so harsh on fence clingers when people jump out of perfectly good airplanes.

Not_Karl

Re: Preservation from Brian's delete button.

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:20 pm

In an effort to stir crap (at a level 25% as good as Flyboy and ITS), I have razzed Brian, there. If he is in a bitchy mood, he will delete my post and ban me. A couple weeks ago, I made a zinger comment on a photo rejection too...(I note that the rejection appeal infestation in "Aviation Discussion" continues)

Context: Death of an aviation fan resulting from watching jet blast at the fence at St. Maarten.
...lunacy...
Who doesn't love getting close and personal with big powerful things? And folks have clung to the fence for years (yeah, sure, it may cause imperfections in your photos, but to witness such sheer power.)

We watch trains, we chase tornadoes, we go rafting in swift water, we go to car races and get killed by flying tires.

Sure, there is a magical distance behind (and ahead of, for that matter) a jet engine where you might be over powered, but repeating, folks are hanging on to that fence every day...

...especially people who like airplanes (not that that there's all that many folks like that around here).

Edit: By the way, it would be interesting to review the stats of St. Maarten Fence clinging to parachuting. I know over the last 10 years, the total death count from parachuting is a lot higher...now normalized to the number of fence clingers vs. jumpers???...who knows. Still, I can't be quite so harsh on fence clingers when people jump out of perfectly good airplanes.
I noticed your valuable contribution to photography editing but forgot to comment.
I like how if someone does something dangerous for entertainment, we do not care if s/he dies :roll: .

Return to “Off Topic Forum”