X-Plane is Back...

Post tips, stories, questions, or screenshots related to Flight Simulation software.

Moderators: Pipe, ZeroAltitude

3WE

X-Plane is Back...

Postby 3WE » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:31 pm

Fact: This dude is using X-plane.

HOWEVER, the real point of this post is to marvel at his setup. More than I'd ever want, but interesting. With that much effort, you have to start asking about using the real thing, although there's probably still money to be saved and having a couple of shortcomings on the accuracy in the stall spin crash burn and did diedness arena isn't all bad.

I especially like the blue lighting down low; but would also ask if he has a sub-woofer in the back seat and if that requires an STC and if he does appropriate W & B calculations for said speaker?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoJsRXj0e6M
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

elaw

Re: X-Plane is Back...

Postby elaw » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:05 pm

Damn that's sweet!

I do have one problem with it though. To me, one of the beauties of FS (MS or otherwise) is it can simulate different planes. Obviously that setup does a great job of simulating a 172 but what happens if one day you decide you'd rather fly a 777?
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:16 pm

Damn that's sweet!

I do have one problem with it though. To me, one of the beauties of FS (MS or otherwise) is it can simulate different planes. Obviously that setup does a great job of simulating a 172 but what happensWHEN AFTER A VERY SHORT TIME you decide you'd rather fly a 777?
1. Fixed

2. Not yes, but HELL yes. I truly LOVE the 172, but like ummmm...yeah...we [big time italics] are going to play Dummy pilot, ITS, Boeing Bobby (and yes even compositeboy5428m), with perhaps a little emphasis on JT-8Ds and turning final (which needs to be done at least 20 miles out) with 600,000 lbs of virtual cargo or virtual buttocks in tow.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:46 am

Or if you don't like magenta lines, a DC-7... for which you need just a few more levers.

elaw

Postby elaw » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:14 pm

And at least two more crew members!
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:11 am

I'm actually curious how this is handled in the models and panels for older A/C. I suspect the answer is mostly "it isn't".

I guess one could probably make a decent AI to be PM. But I guess you probably need to attend to the FE station yourself if you want to do things correctly.

Lately I allowed some friends to rope me into a combat simulator so I've been flying vintage bombers that often had pretty large crews in real life... but accurate flight models and panels don't seem to be a priority so it doesn't really come up.

Return to “Flight Simulator Discussion”