F.A.O.: 3WE

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

Re: "We"

Postby 3WE » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:06 am

"We" should pop some popcorn.
I am about to, but Mommy is telling me to wait because there is a pot already on the stove. I am fairly confident that I can fit mine in the remaining space. Should I play it safe and go around, or should I land my pot anyway?
Given that:

1) Your mommy is a professional stove controller,
2) You are a licensed, experienced, professional popcorn popper,

and 3) That I have lived a sheltered life, only as an observer to stoves and popcorn popping (though I do often partake of the product),

I should not make overly-bold suppositions as to how the situation of the already-occupied burner on the stove should be addressed.

However, "we" (members of society) do have an expectation that the popcorn and it's production should be safe.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:14 am

I am about to, but Mommy is telling me to wait because there is a pot already on the stove.
A pot?

Don't you know that the modern world uses cheap composite popcorn poppers with automatic controls?

http://www.wards.com/stir-crazy-deluxe- ... zpopup=off

I know it requires much less skill than a pot on the stove, but burnt popcorn is much less frequent. However, in some instances we have had structural break-up after 18 months.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Brianie seems to be a bit perplexed right now. I wonder if that picture could be uploaded to gravelspotters.net, or the airplane would be considered foreground clutter...
I am about to, but Mommy is telling me to wait because there is a pot already on the stove. I am fairly confident that I can fit mine in the remaining space. Should I play it safe and go around, or should I land my pot anyway?
Given that:

1) Your mommy is a professional stove controller,
2) You are a licensed, experienced, professional popcorn popper,

and 3) That I have lived a sheltered life, only as an observer to stoves and popcorn popping (though I do often partake of the product),

I should not make overly-bold suppositions as to how the situation of the already-occupied burner on the stove should be addressed.

However, "we" (members of society) do have an expectation that the popcorn and it's production should be safe.
Indeed.
I was expecting you to give me a lecture on corn popping regulations, correct procedures, training, KRM (Kitchen Resource Management) and safety margins and the risks of using a -200 stovetop not knowing it is not as automated as a -236A :( .
I am about to, but Mommy is telling me to wait because there is a pot already on the stove.
A pot?

Don't you know that the modern world uses cheap composite popcorn poppers with automatic controls?

http://www.wards.com/stir-crazy-deluxe- ... zpopup=off

I know it requires much less skill than a pot on the stove, but burnt popcorn is much less frequent. However, in some instances we have had structural break-up after 18 months.
I have seen some electric cheap-composite-poppingcornboxes here, but less fancy (they are like a big jar with an orifice from where the ready popcorn is barfed out). However, I do NOT trust anything modern, automated, electrical, lightweight, composite-crackerboxy, without visible/audible temperature control trim-wheel, so I stick to my old, trusty, heavy, metallic, knob-ridden, non-overconfidence inducing gas stovetop and pots.

EDIT: I searched our local "eBay" and found the same corn popper you linked, at the highly affordable price of AR$3600 :shock: :shock: (some 300-335 U$S).
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:42 pm

Brianie seems to be a bit perplexed right now. I wonder if that picture could be uploaded to gravelspotters.net, or the airplane would be considered foreground clutter...
My photography skills and knowledge are also firmly in the parlour-talking-asshat level, yet Brianie seemingly does not notice that the gravel pile stands out and draw's one's eye a bit to it, nor does he see the ironing that it is indeed nicely framed by the foreground clutter...Maybe crop the plane mid fuselage?

I wonder if gravelspotters.net also has associated discussion forums where amateurs discuss the actual operations of the rock industry and second guess dump truck drivers when crashes occur?
However, I do NOT trust anything modern, automated, electrical, lightweight, composite-crackerboxy, without visible/audible temperature control trim-wheel, so I stick to my old, trusty, heavy, metallic, knob-ridden, non-overconfidence inducing gas stovetop and pots.
Cowboy!

flyboy2548m

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Postby flyboy2548m » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:56 pm

I was fascinated to learn that Japanese air carriers operating within Japan are apparently governed by 14 CFR 91.111 and 91.123.

I wonder if anyone's told them that. Maybe "WE" should?..
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

J

Postby J » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:42 pm

Does the Royal We apply to communications associated with the power and majesty of our federal government?

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:03 pm

Does the Royal We apply to communications associated with the power and majesty of our federal government?
"Our"?

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:02 pm

I'd like to hear everyone's "contingency plans" for Goose Bay and every other West Bumfuck airport out there, please.

J

Postby J » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:22 pm

I'd like to hear everyone's "contingency plans" for Goose Bay and every other West Bumfuck airport out there, please.
Per your earlier observation, I'm still trying to remember that a balloon has the right of way over any other category of aircraft and that a glider has the right-of-way over an airship. . . .

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2011-t ... 91-111.pdf

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Crash the plane at the first sign of trouble, before passengers start whining on Twitter.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:49 pm

Planes break and land short...it happens with some regularity...don't be standing around acting like the TSA.

If a plane breaks at Goose Bay, or any other KBFA anywhere:

1) Work to get a replacement plane to rescue the castaways ASAP. (I'm with Prakevankaveshkabupta that within 10 hours is reasonable)
(And if it takes 14 trips with a CRJ, then get on it- some young pups will enjoy making closer to, but still much less money than Putt-4-Parr.)

2) If you can't do it, go to your competitors' websites and click on the links marked "Charter".

3) Don't stand around not having an expletive clue on what's being done and when you'll know something.

4) Get the company president and the head of PR on the Lear Jet along with as many cases of Akevett that the plane will hold and several hundred disposable cups from the local Sam's Club.

Not completely sure, but I'm thinking I just made things 300% better.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:36 pm

...and I do think it's valid to compare and contrast the existing, well-thought-out and monitored contingency for when a bitchy, entitled passenger wants an unopened coke. :mrgreen:

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:18 am

I want to visit Goose Bay on purpose sometime, crazy though that might sound.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:15 am

Our TV weather guys (whom I trust only moderately) (...)
Interesting. "Our" weather guys are extremely accurate: You pay close attention to what they say and prepare for the exact opposite. It never fails.

Also, it is my humble opinion that pilots who -even if unknowingly because of equipment limitations- fly through dangerous weather should be shot on the spot and replaced with non-relentlessly-pulling-up-showgirls. Feel free to forward my educated thoughts and complete support to the pertinent parties over there.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:29 pm

[Also, it is my humble opinion that pilots who even if unknowingly because of equipment limitations fly through dangerous weather should be shot on the spot and replaced with non-relentlessly-pulling-up-showgirls. Feel free to forward my educated thoughts and complete support to the pertinent parties over there.
"WE" need to factor in that showgirls have much lower exposure to standard recurrent training programs designed by Evan and Gabriel. Those programs disfavor knowledge and thinking (Evan's parts) and overwhelm folks with extreme details (Gabriel's parts) so the concept of "don't-pull-up-too much-because-it-makes-most-planes-fall-out-of-the-sky" get's obliterated from the real pilots minds.

Indeed, these showgirls shine with their cowgirl stick and rudder basics.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:01 am

Dear Not_Karl,

Someone has tried to log into your account on JetPhotos.Net Forums - The Friendly Way to Fly with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 176.10.104.243

All the best,
JetPhotos.Net Forums - The Friendly Way to Fly
I wonder if s/he is friends with Marinatink :D

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:42 pm

There is a rumour spreading like a wild fire on photography-related fora saying you are a sense-of-humour-lacking killjoy and your knowledge comes from the reading of obscure flying magazines, from which you learn a lot.

Would you kindly care to ratify or deny said statements, comment on the apparent use of slight sarcasm in one of them and clarify if there is any relationship between a killjoy and a Kilroy? Thanks in advance.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:28 pm

There is a rumour spreading like a wild fire on photography-related fora saying you are a sense-of-humour-lacking killjoy and your knowledge comes from the reading of obscure flying magazines, from which you learn a lot.

Would you kindly care to ratify or deny said statements, comment on the apparent use of slight sarcasm in one of them and clarify if there is any relationship between a killjoy and a Kilroy? Thanks in advance.
LOL- Took, me a minute to find that!

The comments you make and refer to, of course, have numerous accuracies and inaccuracies.

I have documentation from one V-Nav-V on exactly who lacks the sense of humour.

I have learned a lot from reading Flying magazine...of course, with that knowledge, I have sometimes made posts about things "we" should do...inappropriate posts since I am not_an insider! Flyboy (and ITS and V-Nav-V and others) have rightfully busted me on that from time to time.

The best part of all of this is the ironing that my comments were a subtle slam to Brianie (not_Boeingee Bobbee) for moving my posts about human factors in choo choo train crashes (which I find relevant to airplane crashes)...I actually feel bad for BBeee since Brianie indeed did not have enough sense of humor to leave that death-star post as is on the aviation safety forum...(what a Kilroy!)

And now, a brief moment, of largely-serious, joy-stealing comments- I recall Boeing Bobby being snotty towards V-Nav-V once....While I like some of his ITS attitude, he will never be half the pilot or person of Dummy Pilot, ITS, ATLCrew5248M, ELaw, Quamanniac, Bradley, or even Gabriel...(no sarcasm nor humour here!)

Thank you for your concern regarding this matter, I have moved on to a new project: Attempting to undermine drone-danger arguments from an overly-theatrical lawyer.

By the way- Just got my August issue of Flying...time to read and learn more stuff that "we" do.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Thanks.
I have moved on to a new project: Attempting to undermine drone-danger arguments from an overly-theatrical lawyer.
Should I (or "we") begin with the corn-popping procedures?

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Now that Gabriel is twisting folks words around, yes, I think we should begin popcorn popping procedures.

Hopefully my singe ELACS* on my West Bend Cheap Composite Stir-Crazy Popper won't be MEL'd or fail.

Then again, if the ELACS* goes out I'll probably just sit and watch it finish popping, unplug it, flip it over, pour on some melted butter and salt and try to keep it within the envelope floor that protects the alpha key (and beta key...zeta, etc, etc. etc.) on my keyboard.

...Isn't that sort of the same traditional, broadly-applicable, fundamental, cowboy skill you use with a pot on the stove?

Then again, I struggle to keep all this stuff straight.

(*ELectricity Automatic Cutoff Switch)

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:04 pm

I must admit that i have lost track in thta thread. Very long and technical posts for my short attention span and ignorance.... Of course, the latter is not much of an obstacle as ignorance has never prevented (and will never prevent) me from speaking :mrgreen:, so here I go:

What I have deduced until now:

-Flying a plane with an MELed ELAC is almost like flying it with a MELed wing... Or half of its engines, in Gabie's example to Evanie. Situation on single and three-engined planes is not very clear in this case.
-Pilots are at an increased risk of a TOTAL AIR DISASTER!!! if they lose both ELACs.

"Our" (ignorant, asshat parlour talking outsiders) opinion: I agree, any failure in a plane can distract/confuse the crew and enhance their burning-hole-in-the-ground-making abilities. Even a burnt out light in the panel...
But if the pilots are not able to keep them flying when computerized systems fail (and the plane being in a flyable condition, of course), they should NEVER fly them and be subjected to intense physical punishment.
Of course, computers, made by humans, will continue to explode; pilots, presumably being humans, will continue to screw up and I, from the peace, comfort, ignorance and fast-live-or-dead-decision-making-lack of my chair, will continue to judge them.

Expect (or not) more comments on the matter when (if..) I finish to read it.

POPCORN:

Well, I think we have a technology problem here: I have an old, non ELAC (or GLAC) equipped gas stovetop. Temperature gauges are MELed, so I set the burner to a known setting, use a known thickness pot and carefully monitor the situation (i.e.: hear the popping and watch for smoke or burnt smell), making slight heat adjustments if needed, until popping is done.
You, on the other hand, with a computer assisted corn-popper, are used to it making all the work and at an increased risk of a TOTAL CORN DISASTER!!! when the systems fail. The confusion and/or panic of a new, unexpected corn-popping envelope could induce you to take tragic and seemingly illogical actions, like removing the lid before the popping is done, increasing the heat to the maximum even when you see smoke coming out, cutting the power before the popping has even started, etc.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:42 pm

There is nothing to keep track of in that thread, just two blabbermouths, neither of whom have any actual knowledge of the subject matter, trying to outblabber each other.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:35 pm

I just read where Sara Palin is supposed to interview Donald Trump on TV.

I wonder if we could get them to join in on the Elevator Aileron Computer discussion thread?

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:47 pm

AN EXCITING (non remunerated) JOB OFFER!!!!!!

Also, breaking news: There has been confirmed squib involvement in BA's 777 incident. No words on bonkeys, yet. I would really like to see our beloved specialist Sickiebagie joining BBie and Evanie's discussion on the subject.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:16 am

Not for me, in spite of some good orientation advice, I still see a beautifully-framed gravel pile with excessive foreground clutter.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”