Annual Squid Roundup 2021

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

Sickbag

Annual Squid Roundup 2021

Postby Sickbag » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:20 pm

Yes my fellow Squidomites, its time for our annual Squid roundup. The subject for todays lecture is unashamedly entirely given over this intriguing paper: (admittedly published in 2018, whatever.)

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 0718300798
Cause of Cambrian Explosion - Terrestrial or Cosmic?
Or
Squid are from Venus, Covid-19 is from Mars.

Basically this paper, although I am a little disappointed in its Octocentric viewpoint , but I digress, distils our forum’s shared world view; That Squid are a product of Cosmic Biology, as are pandemic viruses such as the 1918 ‘Spanish Flu’ (This paper predates COVID -19 but boy is it prescient.)
Allow me to quote a few select extracts to condense the narrative:
“life may have been seeded here on Earth by life-bearing comets as soon as conditions on Earth allowed it to flourish”
“One plausible explanation, in our view, is that the new genes are likely new extraterrestrial imports to Earth - most plausibly as an already coherent group of functioning genes within (say) cryopreserved and matrix protected fertilized Octopus eggs. Thus the possibility that cryopreserved Squid and/or Octopus eggs, arrived in icy bolides several hundred million years ago should not be discounted…
“the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic was… ..devastating and equally unexpected. The highly unusual epidemiology of the 1918 Spanish Flu Influenza virus pandemic - in the pre-air travel era - has been analysed in great detail, as have the epidemiological minutiae of more recent Influenza epidemics…
… the sudden appearance of multiple yet patchy location strikes (many, as indicated, before the advent of air travel) cannot be explained by simple infectious person-to-person disease models. However they are more completely understandable by multiple strikes or in-falls from space at widely disparate global locations dependent on vagaries like weather, topography, geography, and in particular the periodicity of the significant correlation with the 11 year Sun Spot flare cycle
So in conclusion my fellow squidomites, we can see the full weight of the scientific establishment slowly bending to our view .
Now is the time to drop any remaining neo-Darwinistic tendencies you may still hold .
Embrace the truth of Cosmic Biology.
Take your boosters from extra-terrestrial Covid.
Remain healthly and strong so you may better serve your Squid overlords for I make this humble prediction 2022 will be the Year of the Squid!
2022: The year of the Squid Singularity

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: Annual Squid Roundup 2021

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:11 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

elaw

Re: Annual Squid Roundup 2021

Postby elaw » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:37 am

Uh... not so fast. Can squid catch COVID? I could be remembering wrong but I'm pretty sure I have never seen a squid wearing a mask.
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”