737-Max Lavs are too small...

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

737-Max Lavs are too small...

Postby 3WE » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:06 pm

But, the overhead bins are bigger:
Supposedly 6 more bags than butts...

737 Overhead bins.JPG
737 Overhead bins.JPG (147.44 KiB) Viewed 6919 times
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: 737-Max Lavs are too small...

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:39 pm

Should we relieve ourselves there, then?

"Cutting into headroom" - Gabriel will be very happy! :D
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Should we relieve ourselves there, then?

"Cutting into headroom" - Gabriel will be very happy! :D
Headroom was never a problem for me in an airliner. I don't think that having the bins 2 inches lower when opened (or closed) would be an issue for me or anybody.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:05 am

Headroom was never a problem for me in an airliner. I don't think that having the bins 2 inches lower when opened (or closed) would be an issue for me or anybody.
Well, legroom was Not_an issue for anybody when airlinies started reducing it... Just give them some time.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:12 am

Well, legroom was Not_an issue for anybody when airlinies started reducing it... Just give them some time.
Fair.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:13 am

…while the headroom is ok for sitting there, the window person might need to hunker over to get in/out.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:01 am

…while the headroom is ok for sitting there, the window person might need to hunker over to get in/out.
And more bags in overhead bins to rescue means slower evacuation during an emergency. We should increase the number of Brianies per flight accordingly.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:37 pm

And more bags in overhead bins to rescue means slower evacuation during an emergency. We should increase the number of Brianies per flight accordingly.
Indeed… with the benefit of paramedic assistance AND stepping in for food-poisoned pilots, and perhaps a friendlier photo-review process.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:56 pm

Centrally controlled bin locks for take-off and landing are the future of aviation.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:16 pm

Centrally controlled bin locks for take-off and landing are the future of aviation.
No.

That will result in the inevitable short circuit, burn, crash and did didedness, or a cowboy monkey pilot mistakenly hits the nosedive button when he meant to unlock the bins (which only happens during some crazy cryptic autopilot mode- which the poorly trained pilot SHOULD have known about).

J

Postby J » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:46 pm

Note that the word "larger" does not appear anywhere in the article. I've flown several max's but never once visited the lavatory ... but i didn't died.
Collins unveils the design of the new Boeing 737 restrooms

An advanced modular design that provides maximum flexibility. Modules can be replaced in a matter of hours, allowing the design to be kept up to date. For the lessor, this will help to allow rapid adaptation in the event of a change of aircraft operator.

Customization will make it possible to create an almost tailor-made end product.

Non-contact technologies, with infrared sensors, allow operation with a wave of the hand. The non-contact activated tap is available as standard. In addition, various hands-free options will be offered (such as wastebasket, soap dispenser, flush or toilet seat/lid).

The suite of touchless components will be controlled by a centralized system that will provide component status monitoring, preventive maintenance message[/list]s and service , helping to lower operating costs and enabling future integration of options as they are developed.

https://www.aviacionline.com/2022/01/co ... restrooms/

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:49 am

The suite of touchless components will be controlled by a centralized system that will provide component status monitoring, preventive maintenance messages and service
What is it doing now?

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:57 am

What is it doing now?
The 2.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:43 pm

Have the hell-worse-need-to-be-fired aerolavengineers addressed the unintended hydraulic flow reversal issue, or is it an autonomous system that turns down the pressure properly as long as the pressure indicating system hasn’t gone awry, in which case, an unsuspecting hand washer could get stuck with soap in his eyes and no rinse water (unless he’s timely at turning the faucet on before it’s closed too tightly to open)….

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:56 pm

I've flown several max's but never once visited the lavatory ... that's why i didn't died.
Fixed.

Mr. Snappy
Your Forum Comrade

Postby Mr. Snappy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:43 pm

In post-Soviet Russia, lavatory flushes you!
I like Mick Mouse

J

Postby J » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:54 pm

Verbal, take note. While we haven't discussed toilet noise, the following might set a legal precedent for size too. Airline toilets could be found to be a human rights violation. To wit:

Italy's High Court: Loud Toilet Flush Is Violation Of Human Rights
A not-so-neighborly Italian saga that extends from the porcelain depths of our most basic needs to the altar of European justice.
An Italian couple has won a two-decade-long court battle that invoked an international treaty signed after World War II in order to prove the acceptable volume of a toilet flush.

The ordeal started as a typical neighborhood quarrel, yet spanned nearly two decades and eventually made its way up to Italy's Highest Court this week, Rome daily La Repubblica reports.

It all began in 2003, when four brothers built a new toilet in their apartment located in the La Spezia province of northwest Italy. The husband and wife living next door soon complained that the toilet was used frequently during the night, and the flush was so loud it woke them up each time.

The couple took their case to court, demanding a resolution of the noise problem and the payment of damages; but the trial judge rejected their case.

The couple decided to take their case to the appeals court of Genoa, triggering an inspection of the two flats that ultimately found in their favor. Investigators reported that they'd discovered "a significant excess of three decibels over the standards required by legislation." Translation: that flush was too damn loud.

The four brothers were required to change the WC flush location in the flat, and to pay 500 euros per year, beginning from the toilet's installation in 2003.

The four brothers ultimately decided to bring “the flush case” to the Court of Cassation, the highest court of appeal in Italy.

But finally the high court ruled in favor of the couple, considering the impact the flush had on their quality of life as an infringement of a right "to respect one's own private and family life," constitutionally guaranteed protected by Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR).

Wash your hands. Turn out the lights. After 19 years of battle, the fate of the four brothers was sealed and the war of the flush silenced forever.

https://worldcrunch.com/what-the-world/ ... man-rights

elaw

Postby elaw » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:49 pm

And in other news...

Apparently the toilet was stolen from a local police station the other day. A police spokesman said an investigation is under way, but they have nothing to go on.

:mrgreen:
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:40 pm

It's not the size of the lavatory that matters, it's.... Look why are we even having this discussion?
"I'm putting an end to this f*ckery." - Rayna Boyanov

Not_Karl

Can't wait for cheap-composites to delaminate/snap, drop heavy carry-on luggage on [i]we[/i] and break [i]our[/i] necks.

Postby Not_Karl » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:02 am

Airbus and ST Engineering present the Airspace L Bins, which promise 60% more capacity for things we totally need to rescue in case of emergency evacuation.

3WE

Re: Can't wait for cheap-composites to delaminate/snap, drop heavy carry-on luggage on [i]we[/i] and break [i]our[/i] ne

Postby 3WE » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:22 pm

Airbus and ST Engineering present the Airspace L Bins, which promise 60% more capacity for things we totally need to rescue in case of emergency evacuation.
Constant improvement on the bins...

But the 737-1962 continues and the 757-2010 still isn't identified as a project...

And what about an automatic face-diaper system?

And, IMO, we need PULLABLE fire levers on ALL airplanes.

And procedures for LAV use on active taxiways.

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”