Inferior Western aeroplanie problems, the latest news...

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Inferior Western aeroplanie problems, the latest news...

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:18 am

International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

3WE

Re: Inferior Western aeroplanie problems, the latest news...

Postby 3WE » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:53 am

Why biofuels? That’s not_the way to go!
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:37 am

Why biofuels? That’s not_the way to go!
It still is... it still is. The timing for synthetic air-fuel is not here yet.

elaw

Postby elaw » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:44 pm

Link to a little info on the engine if anyone's interested: https://red-aircraft.com/

Seems like a neat aeroplanie-bit in general but...
The two 6-cylinder banks are capable of independent operation. All critical engine sub-systems are mutually-independent.
I bet the crankshaft and its bearings aren't mutually independent (per cylinder bank), and I'd argue that they are a critical engine sub-system.
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:53 pm

I bet the crankshaft and its bearings aren't mutually independent (per cylinder bank), and I'd argue that they are a critical engine sub-system.
Concuerdo

And not sure how the oil system isn’t ‘cross linked’.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:24 pm

Link to a little info on the engine if anyone's interested: https://red-aircraft.com/

Seems like a neat aeroplanie-bit in general but...
The two 6-cylinder banks are capable of independent operation. All critical engine sub-systems are mutually-independent.
Even the pistons and rods themselves. If they share the crankshaft, one single rod/piston/cylinder that gest stuck would make all 12 pistons on both sides stop producing power. It could be even argued that more pistons means more points of failures, impacting the reliability of the whole engine.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

The Aeroplanie of the Future: The Ju-52

Postby Not_Karl » Wed May 18, 2022 12:02 am

An aeroplanie with the correct number of engines! :clap: :clap: Let's hope that "construction will largely correspond to the original" means no cheap composites and that "all systems are planned according to the latest standards" does Not_mean FBW or automation and the future will be bright :D .

Googlie translated Aerokurier article, original here.
Junkers Flugzeugwerke AG wants to build a new edition of the legendary Ju-52. It should be particularly easy to fly.
Samuel Pichlmaier 04/26/2022
The Swiss company Junkers Flugzeugwerke AG from St. Gallen-Altenrhein announced a first, sensational piece of news at AERO 2022. The team led by entrepreneur Dieter Morszeck wants to build and fly the Ju-52 NG as a modern version of the legendary vintage car. All systems are planned according to the latest standards, while the construction should largely correspond to the original model.

The new Ju-52 NG is expected to be powered by three RED A03 engines from German engine builder RED Aircraft. They are said to deliver 550 hp each and be very efficient. According to the design team, a significantly lower consumption of the Ju-52 NG compared to the original should also be achieved by reducing the unladen weight from 10.5 to 8.6 tons. The modern version of the Trimot could take off for sightseeing flights with passengers as early as 2026. The concept also envisages that the Ju-52 NG is very uncomplicated and easy to fly for the pilots. A model of the planned aircraft can be seen at AERO 2022.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”