F.A.O.: 3WE

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: CoV

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:19 pm

but i think he's suggesting Airbus? :shock:
Maybe Not_
(...) they don’t sing French caberet songs (...)
If disliking posts was possible, I would do it to every post in that thread that is Not_in a tale form.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Gabriel

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Postby Gabriel » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:39 pm

cassette tape
I doubt they have something so modern and advanced.
But maybe they have a Wincofón.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:52 pm

Ahhh, tears of joy rolled down my cheeks when I saw a short time ago that the brand has been revived (for Crosley-style crap, shamefully :( )! I'm surprised that it took this long, considering that Winco (and Spica and other classic brands) is being stamped on crappy electronics since the '90s...

For non-Argies: "Wincofón", from its parent brand Winco and -phon, was a popular brand of portable turntables in the sixties and seventies.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:18 pm

Ahhh, tears of joy rolled down my cheeks when I saw a short time ago that the brand has been revived (for Crosley-style crap, shamefully :( )! I'm surprised that it took this long, considering that Winco (and Spica and other classic brands) is being stamped on crappy electronics since the '90s...

For non-Argies: "Wincofón", from its parent brand Winco and -phon, was a popular brand of portable turntables in the sixties and seventies.
However, the Wincofón was a read-only device. Maybe a Geloso would be more appropiate for NOTAMs management.

Wincofón:

Geloso:

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:25 pm

Old electronics:

Concur, Indeed, and Noted.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl

Old noise-producing electronics

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:47 pm

However, the Wincofón was a read-only device. Maybe a Geloso would be more appropiate for NOTAMs management.
Indeed. Not_fun fact: I "discovered" music playing with an old portable Winco reel-to-reel machine that Not_Dad bought at a flea market (Parque Rivadavia), listening to his old tapes when I was 6-7. It was similar to the one pictured below.
I also have two of "Alta Tensión"'s colorful records. i wish I had them all :(

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:56 am

I had this one. Priceless....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa8sClxM480

(And my parents gave it away :evil: :( )

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:37 am

I had this one. Priceless....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa8sClxM480

(And my parents gave it away :evil: :( )
Nooooooooooooooo :(
I have this one and the multicolored Primavera con Alta Tensión, recently blocked several years after publishing. Alta Tensión en Sótano Beat spent more than a year blocked a couple of years ago, so hopefully Primavera also reappears one day. Phugoiding, benchmarking, sleeping copyrights :x :evil:

My brother sold my
beloved Winco R2R and several toys from my childhood, including my Thundercats sword (with light!) and my favourite, a Duravit Ford F-100 :cry: :cry: .
Not_Dad has a Geloso and a Wincofón, but they're relatively recent (last 20 years or so) acquisitions.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F.A.O. Threeweie: Please sort the following elements according to their density, from highest to lowest:
  • Osmium (Os)
  • Iridium (Ir)
  • Evanium (Ev)

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:51 pm

I didn't know that a "Alta Tensión en Sótano Beat" existed. Nice!

Ah... Duravit. Was its slogan "Dura, toda la vida"? I had a couple of those. I could never figure out what they were made of. Some kind of resin, I suppose (like grey Poxipol?).
My favorite... toys? were the Mis Ladrillos and the Mecano. They definitively impacted my technical / engineering appreciation that marked my life and career. I also had a couple of technical toys like the Rasti Clock, the Rasti Copter and the Air Jammer Road Runner.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0c/bf/c3 ... 1fcbfa.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nQm_3bXQsCk/U ... 4vSDB6.JPG
https://i0.wp.com/rctoymemories.com/wp- ... mer001.jpg

3WE

Postby 3WE » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:47 pm

I didn't know that a "Alta Tensión en Sótano Beat" existed. Nice!

Ah... Duravit. Was its slogan "Dura, toda la vida"? I had a couple of those. I could never figure out what they were made of. Some kind of resin, I suppose (like grey Poxipol?).
My favorite... toys? were the Mis Ladrillos and the Mecano. They definitively impacted my technical / engineering appreciation that marked my life and career. I also had a couple of technical toys like the Rasti Clock, the Rasti Copter and the Air Jammer Road Runner and a cartes de bearingos ballos.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0c/bf/c3 ... 1fcbfa.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nQm_3bXQsCk/U ... 4vSDB6.JPG
https://i0.wp.com/rctoymemories.com/wp- ... mer001.jpg
Broadened

3WE

Postby 3WE » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:56 pm

[*]Osmium (Os)
[*]Iridium (Ir)
[*]Evanium (Ev)
There seems to be a lot of burdensome and trivial NOT_AMs, but they do seem well managed from the time aspect.

I AM EXTREMELY WORRIED ABOUT THE HEALTH OF THIS FORUM AS NO ONE HAS NOTED THE NOT_AM THAT SWEET MONKEY RIVER IS CLSD INDFLY! :shock: :( :? :o

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:07 pm

and a cartes de bearingos ballos.
Broadened
I didn't have one of those, unfortunately. But I did have tricycles first and then bicycles (with training wheels first and then without).

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:14 pm

I AM EXTREMELY WORRIED ABOUT THE HEALTH OF THIS FORUM AS NO ONE HAS NOTED THE NOT_AM THAT SWEET MONKEY RIVER IS CLSD INDFLY! :shock: :( :? :o
Sorry. I saw the original NOT_AM

NOT_AM: SWT MNKY RVR, Valid: INDEF. Gbrl not_wlcm. GNOUS on and abt fld. Shrdd TP ocnl prsnt

With GNOUS on and abt fld and Shrdd TP ocnl prsnt the ARPT STATUS seemed to be pretty healthy.

But I missed the update:

- (ARPT STATUS) ARPT CLSD INDEFLY.

So what happened?

elaw

Postby elaw » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:26 pm

SQDS?
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

3WE

Carritos de rulemanes

Postby 3WE » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:31 pm

Quote=Gabriel, paraphrased:

I did not have a carritos de rulemanes
Sounds like a horrible loss: The hell-better aeroengineer did not get to engineer a cheap composite machine that flys down hills...I can see you attaching wings and tail-planes, to it as well. And then develop procedures, checklists and handbooks.

Gabriel

Re: Carritos de rulemanes

Postby Gabriel » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:28 pm

Quote=Gabriel, paraphrased: I did not have a carritos de rulemanes
Sounds like a horrible loss: The hell-better aeroengineer did not get to engineer a cheap composite machine that flys down hills...I can see you attaching wings and tail-planes, to it as well. And then develop procedures, checklists and handbooks.
Indeed!

3WE

Postby 3WE » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:51 pm

Quote=Gabriel, paraphrased: I did not have a carritos de rulemanes
Indeed!
I made a hitch for my bicycle to tow a wagon behind me...probably to haul manure from the barn to the fields.

Aggie/Redneck/Jury-rig engineering.

Mother Mrs. 3BS threw it away. :twisted: I am working to forgive her.

When not_hauling manure, I would ride my bike down the hill at high speed, approaching the grass runway in our front yard, where I applied excess PSI to the 727 brake pads. One time, it rather suddenly "slid out from underneath me", forever riveting the advantages of an anti-lock system in my brain.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:33 am

Indeed!
I made a hitch for my bicycle to tow a wagon behind me...probably to haul manure from the barn to the fields.

Aggie/Redneck/Jury-rig engineering.

Mother Mrs. 3BS threw it away. :twisted: I am working to forgive her.

When not_hauling manure, I would ride my bike down the hill at high speed, approaching the grass runway in our front yard, where I applied excess PSI to the 727 brake pads. One time, it rather suddenly "slid out from underneath me", forever riveting the advantages of an anti-lock system in my brain.
I hear you. When my front wheel brake locked I did a reverse Willie and flew over the bicycle falling and sliding on very rough asphalt with my knees. It still hurts when I remember. And I did that to save the life of a young driver about 1/2 my age that was riding a tricycle and crossed in front of me. To which I succeeded.

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:47 pm

ALL THAT BEING SAID, (AND EVAN IS AVODIING THIS), IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL TO SEND A FEW MORE KB OF INFORMATION USING REAL WORDS, BUT BILL GATES AND STEVE JOBS OPEERATING SYSTEMS ARE SO FULL OF INFLATED BULLCRAP AND NON INTUITIVE RULES AND SECRET COMPUTER CODES....ITS THEIR SYSTEMS CRAPPING OUT, NOT THE FLOW OF EXTRA ASCII CHARACTHERS!!!!!
There's this other guy called T. J. Watson you might have heard of...

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:02 pm

ALL THAT BEING SAID, (AND EVAN IS AVODIING THIS), IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL TO SEND A FEW MORE KB OF INFORMATION USING REAL WORDS, BUT BILL GATES AND STEVE JOBS OPEERATING SYSTEMS ARE SO FULL OF INFLATED BULLCRAP AND NON INTUITIVE RULES AND SECRET COMPUTER CODES....ITS THEIR SYSTEMS CRAPPING OUT, NOT THE FLOW OF EXTRA ASCII CHARACTHERS!!!!!
There's this other guy called T. J. Watson you might have heard of...
I typed cards for FORTRAN class in college. In some ways, computers were more efficient then.

Not_Karl

F.A.O.: Gabie

Postby Not_Karl » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:17 am

I once tried to had a rational discussion with a tree with about the same results.
Was it a palm tree?

3WE

Re: F.A.O.: Gabie

Postby 3WE » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:25 pm

I once tried to had a rational discussion with a tree with about the same results.
Was it a palm tree?
Well, of course, it wasn't listening. It probably thought you wanted to cut its nuts off and make jet fuel out of them.

Gabriel

Re: F.A.O.: Gabie

Postby Gabriel » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:58 am

I once tried to have a rational discussion with a tree with about the same results.
Was it a palm tree?
I don't remember if it was an alcornoque or a palo borracho.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:05 pm

My favorite... toys? were the Mis Ladrillos and the Mecano. They definitively impacted my technical / engineering appreciation that marked my life and career. I also had a couple of technical toys like the Rasti Clock, the Rasti Copter and the Air Jammer Road Runner.
I loved Mis Ladrillos! Never had a Rasti, and only one Not_Meccano (a brazilian toy in that style) when I was Not_so little :(.
I don't remember if it was an alcornoque or a palo borracho.
Did you make greenwashed carbon neutral aerofuelie from them?

Return to “Off Topic Forum”